1 teaspoon carrots, grated and finely chopped
1 teaspoon red bell peppers, finely minced
¾ teaspoon mccormick lemon pepper
⅛ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon salt or salt substitute
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
⅛ teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons sugar
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons dry pectin
1 pinch ground oregano
¼ cup vinegar
3 tablespoons water
½ cup oil
To make dressing:
1. Place the carrot and bell pepper on a baking pan in an oven set on 250°F for 45 to 60 minutes, or until all of the small pieces are completely dry, but not browned.
2. Combine the dried carrot and bell pepper with the other ingredients in a small bowl.
3. The mix can be stored in a sealed container indefinitely until needed.
4. When ready to use, pour ¼ cup of vinegar into a cruet or jar.
5. Add 3 tablespoons of water, then add the dressing mix.
6. Seal and shake vigorously.
7. Add ½ cup of oil and shake until well blended.